P R E V I E W P R E M I E R E D P I E C E S :
P R O J E C T : Book of Visions (2015) is a collection of 12 solo organ pieces currently being composed by Daniel Knaggs. The project surrounding the creation of these pieces involves:
- gathering organists to perform these new works
- securing funding for a professional recording of these new works
- securing funding to help complete this (time-consuming) new work (commissioning, co-commissioning)
P U R P O S E : This project is an effort to spread awareness of the organ’s greatness and of its relevance to the creation of new music. In this project Daniel wishes to make a substantial contribution to the continuation of a living and growing repertoire for this instrument.
P I E C E S : The 12 pieces in Book of Visions average about 4 minutes each (a total of nearly one hour of music). They are intended both for concertizing and for use in liturgical settings.
P A R T I C I P A T E : Your participation in the Book of Visions Project is greatly valued. Some ways you may wish to participate include:
- Help Daniel complete Book of Visions by commissioning or co-commissioning one or more of the pieces
- Support the the professional CD/iTunes recording of Book of Visions by making a donation (below)
- Spread word of this project to organ and music advocates
- Purchase Book of Visions or purchase individual pieces in it via PayPal
P R E M I E R E P E R F O R M A N C E : Plans for a performance of the complete Book of Visions are currently underway. Stay tuned!
P U B L I C A T I O N : It is intended that Book of Visions be published by a publisher to be determined. In the meantime, PDFs may be ordered using PayPal. (see below)
P R E V I O U S O R G A N W O R K S : Daniel has written a number of works for organ and these have been performed in Cambridge and London (UK), Basel (Switzerland), Rovato (Italy), and throughout the USA and recorded on his CD A New Spring Time.
Listen below to a few samples of Daniel’s works for (or involving) organ: